Media Appearances and Lectures
Talking with Welton Gaddy of State of Belief Radio about Jewish veterans' experiences.
A public appearance is a chance to generate enthusiasm and passion for history. Whether delivered before diplomats, agencies, schools or conferences--on the topic of oral history, veterans' experiences, the iconography of the World Trade Center, immigration to New York, or the history of Sosua's Jewish community--lectures make an impact and allow people to connect with their past. Appearing on media programs or contributing to the Library of Congress blog are other ways we get the message out about the work that we do and the impact it makes.
Media Appearances (partial list)
- NBC Nightly News
- Interview on State of Belief Radio
- Interview on Positive Parenting Radio Show on the Armed Forces Network
- Profile in the Washington Jewish Week
- Interview on NY1 Television
- Interview in Downtown Express (NY)
- Podcast on Oxford University Press blog
- Winner, "50 on Fire," Government & Advocacy, In The Capital
Speaking Appearances (partial list)
- 2013 National Book Festival (The National Mall: 2013)
- 2012 National Book Festival (The National Mall: 2012) Watch
- Creative Mornings at the Gibson Guitar Showroom (2013)
- thirst.ROMP! at the American Academy for the Advancement of Science (2013)
- Digital Cultural Heritage DC (2013)
- Commencement Address, Leadership Development Program (Library of Congress: 2013)
- Library of Congress (2010)
- Society of American Archivists Conference (Oral History Section: 2010)
- Mid-Atlantic Regional Archives Conference (2009)
- Oral History of the Mid-Atlantic Conference (Library of Congress: 2009)
- 350th Anniversary of Jewish Life in America Conference (CUNY Graduate Center: 2004)
- Oral History Association Annual Meeting (2012)
- Oral History Association Annual Meeting (2011)
- Making Meaning of 9/11 Conference (St. John's University Manhattan Campus: 2011)
- Diplomatic Luncheon at the American Jewish Committee (New York: 2004)
- The Metropolitan Transit Authority (New York: 2004)
- The Jewish Historical Society of New York (New York: 2004)
- Queens College (2010)
- Community College of Baltimore County (2010)
- Verona High School (2007)
Publications (partial list)
- "Missing the History from the Historic March on Washington Commemoration" History@Work, A Public History Commons From The National Council on Public History.
- "On Inauguration Day, History Was Everywhere" History@Work, A Public History Commons From The National Council on Public History.
- "Inquiring Minds: An Interview with Kluge Fellow Lindsay Tuggle." Library of Congress blog.
- "Inquiring Minds: An Interview with British Research Council Fellow Maria Shmygol." Library of Congress blog.
- "Inquiring Minds: Scholar Manuel Castells on Social Movements of the Internet Age." Library of Congress blog.
- "Inquiring Minds: An Interview with Astrobiologist David Grinspoon." Library of Congress blog.
- "Veterans Day: An Interview with Rabbi Resnicoff, Honored Military Chaplain." Gather The Jews, November 2012.
- "Inquiring Minds: An Interview with legal scholar John Witte." Library of Congress blog.
- "Inquiring Minds: A Visionary Center." Library of Congress blog.
- Review, Buffalo Trace: The Quest for the Perfect Bourbon. Oral History Review, 2012.
- Review, Pete Seeger: How Can I Keep From Singing? Oral History Review, 2011.
- Review, D.C. Karaoke Championships Brightest Young Things, 2011.
- Making Meaning of 9/11: Local Impacts, Global Implications. Ed. Fanuzzi, et al. Cambridge Scholars Publishing (2014).